So one thing you must know about me….I am a product junkie! I have very sensitive skin so for the past year, I have been testing all kinds of products out that works for my skin. And for the Summer time, everyone wants their skin to look it’s best right? I know I do. Here I have chose my current favorite beauty products that are my MUST HAVES for this season. Because I have sensitive skin, I’m sure it will work for you all that do not have sensitive skin. Below I have listed those products and why I love it.
Before we go any further though, let’s talk about this season’s must have bag. As a mom of 2 young children, I carry quite a bit to make sure that everyone is comfortable and I’m one of those moms that has never owned a diaper bag. In my opinion, they are tacky and does not contribute anything to a women’s presence. The ‘IT’ bag of the season is this tote from Victor Alexander. This bag screams young and fun from the inside-out! The inside is lined with a black and white polka dot print and the outside is made with a beautiful and soft vegan leather. The bags comes in a variety of colors, but for the Summer time, you have to love this Kiwi Tote. These bags are luxurious and are made for the everyday women whether you are a stay-at-home mom or a busy working woman that is always on the go. You have to have this bag in your life! Show up at your work functions, pool/ beach parties, or get-togethers with your girlfriends with a bag that is sure to be a head-turner. I currently own two of these bags and am on my way to owning three. You will see them featured in future OOTD posts soon. If you are interested in this one or other colors, you can purchase HERE.
So, let’s get to the Summer beauty essentials.
1. 100% Pure Almond Oil: I use this for my hair, my face, and my body. Almond oil has tons of healthy benefits: Natural anti-aging product, perfect for my eczema, makeup remover, promotes long, healthy hair, regulates blood pressure, promotes long healthy nails, etc.
2. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs: I’ve been using this for a few years. I have several scars on my legs and it doesn’t totally cover them, but they blur the scars. I love that it’s easy to apply as well.
3. Hope in a Jar’s a to z cream: This foundation is perfect for my sensitive skin because it does not make my dry patches (eczema) stand out and it’s actually healthy for the skin. It’s a million times better than BB or Cc cream.
4. Anastasia Brow Gel: I have several brow products but this one outdoes them all. It’s waterproof and it doesn’t fade throughout the day. It literally lasts all day long! Hands down, it’s worth the price.
5. NYX Dance the Tides: This is a recent find, but it immediately turned into a favorite. It is the best crease/blending color of all time. It’s like a beautiful leathery color that looks beautiful with so many eye looks.
6. Loreal Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner: After years of practice and trying out several products, I have mastered the art of a perfect winged eyeliner. I use MAC’s Blacktrack as a base and then this liquid liner directly on top to achieve that perfect wing that doesn’t budge and literally lasts all day without any fading. And by the end of the day, it looks just as good as when I first put it on.
7. Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm: Ok. First let me say that my daughter and I have the driest lips in the world. I have a drawer full of all kinds of chapstick but this one is the only one that has kept our lips extra moisturized. And it doesn’t leave that nasty white film on my lips that a lot of chapstick leaves behind. I’ve bought several of these and haven’t found anything that works better.
8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams: So I have been loving bright matte colors on my lips lately and these lip creams take the cake. They are so inexpensive and the variety of colors that you get to choose from is endless. I love the finish that it gives; velvety and smooth. I love these! I also wanted to mention that this particular color that I have pictured here is Morocco. It’s a beautiful, bright orange color that is a must have for Summer.
9. NYX Matte Lipstick: Carrying on with the bright matte lip color theme, NYX also carries matte lipsticks in their line which also has a variety of colors. These are also inexpensive and they last for a long time. I do have to reapply a little bit after I eat, but not too much. This particular color that I have pictured is Shocking Pink. It’s a bright neon pink that will so amazing on every skin tone. I’ve seen it on just about every skin tone and it’s just flawless for this season.
10. NYX Cream Blush: So along with having sensitive skin, I dry skin on my cheeks. When my eczema flared up in the past they would flare up on my cheeks and I would have dry skin patches. It was quite embarrassing. So along with discovering by foundation, I was overjoyed when I rediscovered this blush in my makeup stash. I love it because a little goes a long way and best of all, the cream doesn’t sit on my dry skin. I love that it melts into my skin and it gives my cheeks a beautiful flush of color.
11. Rimmel Max Bold Curves Extreme Volume & Lift Mascara: So this is my second purchase of this product. To achieve that perfect, full lashes look without wearing fake lashes, I do have a lash dream team. First I apply Loreal’s Fiber lashes for length, but this Rimmel mascara give me full volume. It thickens up my lashes like no other and trust me, I’ve tried several.
12. Benefit’s Watts Up Highlighter: I discovered this product while watching Beauty Crush on YT last year. It was one of her favorites so I was lucky enough to get one from Sephora for free and I love it. It gives your skin a natural glow and it blends into your skin seamlessly. The full size version is quite expensive but well worth the price.
13. Ice Breakers: So this may sound funny but along with the obvious reasons that these mints will instantly freshen your breath, but in my desperate plea for trying to lose weight, this mints are a lifesaver. Why you may ask? Well, these surprisingly enough curb my hunger. With the few meals that I eat during the day, my stomach still hasn’t adjusted so these mints keep my stomach and breath satisfied throughout the day.
14. Tarte Park Ave Princess Bronzer: So I have been on the hunt now for years looking for the perfect bronzer for Summer. After years of searching, finally came down to this one. I own several Tarte products which I highly dislike, but this one, oddly enough, I love. It gives me that perfect, beachy, bronzed look. When wearing this, my makeup is usual minimal because the bronzer does all the work. I love the finish that it gives. It gives my skin a dewy and healthy look which makes it perfect for my go-to summer look.
15. Botanicals Rosewater Toning Spray 100% Organic: If you’ve never tried a refreshing rose water spray, you are missing out. If you have dry skin, apply this product to your clean face, after your moisturizer and before you apply your makeup. The rose water will seep in and naturally hydrate your skin. And just like a lot of products that I use, rose water does have healthy benefits for the skin. and it has a lovely rosey smell as well. Try it!
16. Philosophy The Present Invisible Skin Perfector & Oil Free Primer: I’ve tried several primers, even the ever popular Benefit’s Porefessional and they have all failed my sensitive skin. This one however, is a holy grail product for me. I tend to look for things that don’t flare up my eczema, gives my skin moisture, and helps with the my foundations application. With sensitive skin, it’s hard to find products that work well with my skin so when I received a sample from Sephora and tried it out for a week, I purchased immediately. When you find that perfect product you should buy immediately and stick with it unless…something better comes along. LOL! But for now, I am loving this product and I will buy another for sure.
17. Freeman’s Clay Mask in Avocado and Oatmeal: I’m sure you see a trend here when ti comes to me buying products. My skin needs moisture so I purchase products that do just that. The avocado in the mask gives me the needed moisture my skin needs and the oatmeal calms my eczema. So this product was a win/win for me.
18Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar Moisturizer & Sunscreen: I love this facial moisturizer for Summer because it’s lightweight, it’s unscented, and it has sunscreen (spf25) in it that doesn’t cast a white film over your skin. This product gives me just enough moisture and it has keep eczema at bay. And of course it has health benefits for the skin. It contains lactaid acid which light exfoliates the skin, beta- glucan which gives your skin a natural glow. This product also contains antioxidants which protects your skin from harsh environmental chemicals.
I haven’t had any eczema breakouts on my face in a year. It took a while, but I’ve learned what works for my skin. What are your beauty summer essentials? I’d love to know!