So I have been wanting a Makeup Vanity for so long. Obviously there are plenty out there, but the prices were killing me! There were even some really nice ones on Craigslist, but I would have had to drive too many miles just to pick it up, and I know my husband wouldn’t be up for that. So I decided to try a desk when I saw this one in the store. It was small enough to be a vanity and had enough drawers to house all my makeup.
I wanted a really clean & classy look to it, so I decided to paint it black and white. We purchased some inexpensive paint from Walmart and came out with something that was better than I could find in a store for the price that I got it for.
If you decide to upcycle some furniture or even make your own Makeup Vanity, send me a pic or comment below. I would love to see! Here are the steps that I took to complete this project.
1. Removed hardware and sanded old varnish or paint off of the desk.
2. Painted desk with a primer, preferably Kilz.
3. Paint desk with white paint.
4. Outlined each drawer with a paint brush and black paint (You don’t need much so you can purchase a sample size from Lowes).
5. When the desk has completely dried, I sprayed it with a clear protectant.
6. For the hardware, I spray painted it with a glossy black spray paint. Once dry, I sprayed a clear protectant over it and screwed it back onto the desk.